Back Again!

Hello, my old friends! I'm finally back and ready to write after what has felt like a very long break. Thank you very much for being so patient with me and sticking around while I've been gone. I appreciate those of you who read this blog and who spend time checking in and checking out what I've got going on here. You are really what makes this space so special, and I'm grateful for each one of you. Let's talk about what's going to be different here from now on.


As you may have noticed, the design of the blog is a bit different. I like this cleaner, more open look for this space, and I like that you can type at the very top of the page and search for things you might like to find here. Besides the basic aesthetic change, the design is much the same as it was before. You can still click through the labels on the side if you'd like to see all the posts in one particular category, and all of the links to the social media associated with this blog are under the "Stay In Touch" header on the right hand side. This is a small change, but I think it makes a huge difference.

In terms of posts, two things I want to keep  are weekend wrap-ups and book reviews. Those are the most consistent things I was posting for a long time, and I'm glad to keep them here. However, the schedule for book reviews won't be quite as rigid as it used to be. I see no reason to only post a book review once every other week, and if I have more books to talk about one month than another, so be it. My hope for this blog is to write better stuff on here, not just more. In fact, I think there will probably be fewer posts on the blog from here on out, but they will be better because I'll be spending more time writing them.


I think for the ~20 months I've been writing this blog, I haven't known what I wanted it to be. I tried my hand at writing about beauty products and makeup because that was something I was really into for a while. I tried writing about my faith in different ways, but that never felt authentic or meaningful. I wrote book reviews, but they weren't particularly good or in-depth in terms of analysis of the text or thoughtful opinions on the books. My hope is that from here on out, I will write more meaningful and thoughtful posts on this blog. I write here because I love to write and I love to share the things I care about with other people. I write here because I want to document this time of my life and watch how I grow. I am so grateful for those of you who have stuck around and who think my thoughts are interesting. I hope you enjoy this blog moving forward and that you find something you like here. Thanks so much for being here!

Yours Oddly,
Ally

No comments